Sunday, September 7, 2014

COMMERCIAL JINGLES QUIZ



Here's some fun for the day…….



TRIVIA:  (Answer below)
What U.S. Capital took it's name from the French for "red stick"?

RIDDLE: (Answer below)
What has one eye but can't see?

JOKE:
Q:  Where does an otter keep its money?
A:  A riverbank



COMIC FUN:



TRICIA'S TWEET OF THE DAY:
When we face our fears, God does His part.  He shows up, and His presence is tangible.



COMMERCIAL JINGLES QUIZ


I always love a good catchy commercial jingle.   Definitely helps you remember the product.    See if you can complete these jingles and name the product (when the product name is not part of the jingle).   I've tried to mix older and newer, but there are more of the older below.   I guess they are just more classic….or I'm older and am more familiar with them.   Yep….it's the I'm older reason.




1.  "Plop, plop, fizz fizz………"

2.  "My bologna has a first name……it's…….

3.  "Five dollar…..five dollar………"

4.  "Rice-a-Roni……."

5.  "I am stuck on Band-aid brand……"

6.  "Gimme a break….gimme a break……."

7.   "The best part of waking up……"

8.   "Mommy wow……"

9.   "Like a good neighbor……."

10.  "I don't want to grow up……"

11.   "Ho, ho, ho……."

=================

I thought I'd keep the quiz to 11 questions, but some of you may remember these classic jingles too:

"I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony….I'd like to buy the world a Coke" 
(Coca Cola)

"Two all beef patties, special sauce lettuce cheese pickles onions on a sesame seed bun"
(McDonald's for the Big Mac.  I remember trying to get this one down as a kid"

also McDonald's  "You deserve a break today…at McDonalds"

"I'm a Pepper, she's a Pepper, he's a Pepper…..wouldn't you like to be a Pepper too.."
(Dr. Pepper)

"Meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow, meow.."
(Meow mix.   Meows to the Meow mix tune of course)

"When you've said Budweiser……you've said it all….." (Budweiser)

===================

COMMERCIAL JINGLE ANSWERS:

1.  "…..oh what a relief it is…"      (Alka Selzter)





2.  "…it's O-S-C-A-R…."     (Oscar Meyer)




3.  "…..five dollar foot long….." (Subway)

4.  "…..the San Francisco treat….." (Rice-a-Roni obviously)





5.  "…cause Band-aid's stuck on me….."

6.  "….break me off a piece of that Kit-Kat bar….."  (Kit Kat)

7.  "….is Folgers in your cup…."  (Folgers)




8.  "….I'm a big kid now….."  (Huggies)

9.  "…..State Farm is there…."   (State Farm Insurance;  This jingle was composed by Barry 
Manilow)




10.  "….I'm a Toys-R-Us kid……"  (Toys R Us)


11.  "…..Green Giant…." 





==================

TRIVIA:
Baton Rouge

RIDDLE:
A needle


Until next time…….

No comments: