Sunday, June 30, 2013

11 ANNOYING SONGS TO WAKE UP TO



Here's some fun for the day........

TRIVIA:  (Answer at bottom)
What is the capital of Egypt?

JOKE:
Q:  What type of music does grass hate?
A:  Mow-town

PHRASE FUN:
What is a rhyming phrase for the following? (answer at bottom)

Warm Skillet

QUOTE:
"I poured spot remover on my dog.  Now he's gone."
(Steven Wright)

COMIC FUN:






TRICIA'S TWEET OF THE DAY:
As we persist in prayer we grow in character, faith and hope.





RANDOM OBSERVATION:

I've always been a morning person and rarely have trouble waking up.   Growing up, my mom would emphasize that the morning was the best part of the day and not to sleep the day away.    Although I'm a pretty easy waker upper, I still use an alarm clock.   I'm a music waker upper.    I don't like the stale sound of an alarm beeping or making that obnoxious sound it does.   I prefer not to be startled into my morning.   I've always had it on the radio for wake up.  My favorite time of the year for my radio alarm is Christmas.   Very jolly to wake up to Christmas music.  (Unless it's Elvis Presley's 'Blue Christmas'.   Buzz kill)  

Waking up to music is all fine and good unless you get an annoying song when your radio alarm first goes off.   Then you're stuck with this song in your head all day and try as you might, you can't shake it.   This has happened to me numerous times.    I thought I'd take a moment to look at a few songs that I would find really annoying to wake up too.   Maybe you'll agree.   These are in no particular order, just as they hit my brain randomly.

1.  "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"   I like this song, but not to wake up too.    A repetitive chorus of  "A weema wah  A weema wah " early in the morning can be a bit grating and not something I want stuck in my head all day.

2.  "Highway to Hell" by AC/DC.   Just doesn't seem like a great way to start the day.

3.  "Macarena".    Another repetitive chorus that would put me in fast motion all day and have me gobbling down my Pop Tart at lightning speed.   Also annoying because I only know the "Heeeyyy Macarena.  Aaahaaa" part and so I do all this mumbly business like I know the words and then hit in on the chorus.   In my defense, the song is in a language I don't speak, so I'll excuse my mumbling on that one.

4.  "You Are So Beautiful" by Joe Cocker.    Too slow for the day and makes me want to have throat lozenges for breakfast.   What a scratchy throat that dude has.

5.  Phil Collin's "In the Air Tonight".    Basically I feel like I've just taken a Valium after this song and that my feet are stuck in quicksand.  Puts you in slow motion all day. Annoying.

6.  "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper.   I'm a morning person, but this is too much jolliness for 6:00am.

7.  "Livin La Vida Loca" by Ricky Martin.   This one makes me feel like I'm on a never-ending carousel ride.   Round and round I go and bumping into things.

8.   Michael Bolton's "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You?"    Too much depression for the morning.  He's another fella that needs a lozenge.  

9.  James Blunt's  "You're Beautiful".    If you don't know this one, I'll describe it.   He says "You're beautiful" 50 million times in a very annoying tone.   I'm not even sure if there are any other words in this song.   Whoever he first sang this to probably felt complimented at first and then eventually wished they were ugly so he'd stop.

10.   "Ice, Ice Baby" by Vanilla Ice.   Makes you do an odd head-bob all day long.   Plus, who wants visions of Vanilla Ice in their head all day.

11.   "Achy Breaky Heart" by Billy Ray Cyrus.   Thankfully I have never woken up to this song.   Would probably need something stronger than orange juice and coffee in the morning if I did.    While I'm on the Cyrus clan......Miley's new song "We Can't Stop" is beyond annoying, so I'll add it to the list.   Miley.....you CAN stop....please do.

There's a small glance at some annoying wake up songs.   If I woke up everyday to these, I think I'd have to switch out of radio mode to the alarm sounds.   Actually, I think I should get one of those sound machine alarms and wake up to nature sounds.   What a mellow way to start the day.     

Hopefully these songs won't be stuck in your mind today.    What songs you would hate to wake up to?   

TRIVIA ANSWER:
Cairo

PHRASE FUN:
Hot Pot

Until next time.......

No comments: