Sunday, March 17, 2013

FABULOUS FORGETFULNESS


Fabulous Forgetfulness


Here's some fun for the day....

TRIVIA: (Answer at bottom)
What is tattooed on on Popeye's arm?

PHRASE FUN:  (what phrase is represented by the following?  Answer below)


STAND

I




JOKE:
Q:  Why did Cinderella get kicked off the softball team?
A:  Because she ran away from the ball.


QUOTE:
“I remember when the candle shop burned down.  Everyone stood  around singing ‘Happy Birthday’”
(Jack Handey)

COMIC FUN:





TRICIA TWEET OF THE DAY:
Prayer is less about changing our circumstances and more about changing our perspective.






FABULOUS FORGETFULNESS






I thought I’d write something about forgetfulness...but sadly I forgot what I was going to say.   Haha.   

Do you find that with time you are increasingly more forgetful?  I sure do.  I think technology is part of the problem.  Ok, maybe age has a part to play too.   Technology has spoiled me though.   When I was a kid, I had to actually remember something I planned to do in the future.   Eventually I had to start writing things down and making a list.  Now I just put it in my iPhone and it reminds me.  Awfully nice of my iPhone to do that for me. 

I have a great app called “Alarmed” and I’d be lost without it.  Either lost or possibly standing in the middle of the grocery store wondering where I was supposed to go next.  If there’s anything I need to do, I put it in my app.   Here’s the sad part.   Half the time I forget what it is I’m going to put in the phone before I get to the phone.   It’s about a 1/2 minute interval from my mind to the phone and I still forget?  So I guess I need a mind-reading app that reads only my thoughts on what I need to be reminded of.   Then, the second I think of something, this magical app puts it in my phone before I forget it.  Now that would be great.   

My other problem is that I have way too many reminders in my phone.    They go off now about every hour with a new one.   So now I'm so accustomed to them going off that I ignore them.   My "Alarmed" app always has a bunch of numbers showing on the outside.   Like '12' reminders waiting for me.   Then I forget to look at them.   So, I'm thinking it's time to go back to the paper list that I can see.   It feels nice to scratch something off a list anyway.   I like seeing that line through something as opposed to checking it off the phone and it disappearing.

So, why did I title this entry Fabulous Forgetfulness?   Well, I don’t remember.   I guess there’s some things that might be fabulous to forget.  You know, like.......dang it......I forgot.


TRIVIA ANSWER:
An Anchor

PHRASE FUN ANSWER

I understand

Until next time.......

No comments: