Thursday, March 14, 2013


Hi, hello and how are you?   This is my first entry of my first blog.  I’m excited to get started.   First, a bit about me.   My name is Tricia Beard and have been married to by great hub Harold for almost 25 years.   We have a daughter named Tristen who is 23 years old.   All three of us graduated from UK and are big fans and part of the “Big Blue Nation” as they call it.  I moved to Lexington when I was one and have been here for 48 years. I’m a Christian and love the Lord and lean on Him everyday.   I was drama director at our church in Lexington, KY for 12 years.   During that time I acted, directed and pretty much wrote the majority of our scripts.  Because of the drama experience, I became an avid observer of life and people.  I would put various happenings I observed into skits.   I’ve retired from my drama gig, but miss random observations of people.    My blog will be a mix.   I love humor, so there will be some of that.   There will be quotes, my morning tweet and trivia too....and of course random observances of life.  I’m excited to get started.   Hope you join me on this journey!   

Here we go.....

TRIVIA:  (answer further below, so don’t scroll down yet)
What year did the 40-hour workweek go into effect under the Fair Labor Standards Act?

TRICIA’S TWEET OF THE DAY:
Worst days can be best days if we learn the lessons God is trying to teach us.   See bad experiences through the good we have gained from them.

QUOTE:
“I think it’s wrong that one company makes the game Monopoly”   (Steven Wright)

RANDOM OBSERVATION:
Growing up, I always had a quest for information.   I was obsessed with the World Book Encyclopedia.   I would sit in my bean bag chair and just thumb through them learning random things.  (showing my age there)   Ours were the old red and blue World Book Encyclopedias with great pictures.   My favorite pics were the ones of dogs and the ones of fashion through the ages.   I still love dogs and I still love fashion.    What’s cool these days, is the modern day Encyclopedia of googling.    Anything you want to know or learn is right at your fingers.   For instance, I just googled fingers.   Did you know that the wrinkling of fingertips is thought to have been an adaption when humans frequented swamps and sea shores.   Turns out it’s easier to handle wet objects with wet fingertips.   Who knew?  I just always thought it was fun to stay in the water forever when I was a kid and then pretend like I was really old when my fingers shriveled.   Ah....the things that entertain us as kids.

TRIVIA ANSWER:
1940

Until next time......

No comments: