Sunday, March 31, 2013

LAZY BONES??






Here’s some fun for the day....
TRIVIA:  (Answer below)
Who was Liza Minnelli’s famous mother?


JOKE:   

I remember one time I told my doctor that I had a ringing in my ears.
His advice:  “Don’t answer it”

TRICIA’S TWEET OF THE DAY:
We have a two-fold problem with God.  We ask too little and we want it too quick.

QUOTE:
“I’ll tell you how to stay young: Hang around with older people.”
(Bob Hope)

RANDOM OBSERVATION:
I was on the Kroger website the other day (you know me & my grocery store) & I was loading online coupons onto my Kroger card.  A product popped up.   It was spray-on Vaseline Intensive Care lotion.   I was like ‘oh my word, seriously?’.  So I guess now it’s too much effort to pump the lotion & rub it on.  That’ll wear someone out ya’ know.   Hey, for a non-exercise girl like me, that counts as one of my workouts.  If I start spraying my lotion on, I’ll gain 10 pounds.  The spray-on lotion got me to thinking about how we’re a bit of a lazy society.  I’ve figured out the root of the problem and what started it all.  It’s the TV Remote control.  When I was a kid we had 3 channels on the TV.  If we wanted to change it, we had to get up, go to the TV & change the channel.   Whew.  That’s a lot of work.  I’m worn out just thinking about it.  Nowadays, if I can’t find the remote, I’ll exert way more effort walking around the house looking for it than it would take to go to the TV & change it.  Of course, it’s not so easy to change the channel on a TV anymore, so I guess it makes sense.  There’s a certain bewilderment/lost feeling that comes with losing the remote.  It’s similar to losing your cell phone.  It’s kind of a ‘how can I make it now?’ kind of feeling.   I just stand there helpless hoping the remote will drop into my hands from the sky.  (I also always seem to not be able to find the remote when a commercial is on blasting my eardrums & I want to mute it.  This adds a frenzy to my remote search)  So, I guess I need to accept that it’s a spray-on, lazy bones type world.  I can spray on my lotion, spray on my tan and spray on my makeup.   Now, if I can just get spray-on food then I could sit on the couch and get moisturized, beautified, entertained, tanned & fed.   Wait a minute.......I’m still going to have to brush my own hair.   Wow......life is so hard.....

TRIVIA ANSWER:
Judy Garland

Until next time.....

No comments: