Monday, April 1, 2013

SHORT ATTENTION SPANS






Here's some fun for the day.....

TRIVIA:  (Answer below)
Which is Europe's largest Island after Great Britain?

JOKE:
Q:  What kind of guns do Bumblebees use?
A:   BeeBee guns

TRICIA’S TWEET OF THE DAY:
Learn to live each day to the fullest.   Don’t complain or focus on what’s wrong  Be grateful for the opportunity to experience each day.

QUOTE:
"Avoid fruit and nuts.  You are what you eat."
(Jim Davis)

TRICIA’S TWEET OF THE DAY:
Yesterday I mentioned how the TV remote was the initial cause of people becoming a bit more lazy these days.  I thought about another issue the remote may be responsible for.   Short attention spans.   As a kid, with only 3 channels on the TV & having to get up to change the channel, I found myself sticking with a program until it was finished.   Now, with a bajillion channels & the remote, I’m all over the place.   I can watch somebody cooking, hoarding, hunting, shopping, gaming.....the possibilities are endless.   I think this ‘click-it’ mentality has given me a short attention span that has morphed over into my everyday life.   I can be in the middle of dusting a table when all of a sudden I decide to iron a shirt.   While I’m ironing the shirt I think of something I need from the grocery & go to put in down in my phone.   On my way to the phone I pass my dog Maddie and decide to pet her.   By the time I get to the phone I’ve forgotten what I need from the grocery.  I decide that maybe if I go iron the shirt again I’ll remember it.  On my way to iron the shirt I notice that the dishwasher needs emptying.   As I’m emptying the dishwasher I remember what I need from the grocery, but by then.....I can no longer find my phone.  This pattern continues throughout the day.   It all goes back to the remote......or at least that’s a remote possibility.  

TRIVIA ANSWER
Iceland

Until next time......

No comments: