Sunday, April 14, 2013

ARE YOU A BERT OR AN ERNIE??



Here’s some fun for the day.....

TRIVIA ( Answer below)
Who wrote “Treasure Island”?

TRIVIA BONUS:  (Answer below)
The Sesame Street characters Bert & Ernie were named after 2 characters from what movie?

JOKE:
Q;  What’s the best way to keep a fish from smelling?
A:  Cut off his nose.

TRICIA’S TWEET OF THE DAY:
We may not understand all that we’re going through, but if we keep pressing forward, we will eventually come to a place where it makes sense

QUOTE:  
“If at first you don’t succeed, then skydiving definitely isn’t for you.”
(Steven Wright)

RANDOM OBSERVATION:
Growing up, I enjoyed watching Sesame Street & The Electric Company when I got home from school.  (tidbit: Morgan Freeman was on Electric company)  I loved the Muppets on Sesame Street.  I usually wanted the people on Sesame Street to be off the screen so the Muppets could be on.  Grover was one of my favorites & so was Bert.  I always found myself relating to Bert whenever I would watch Bert & Ernie.   He would get stressed over things & be into following the rules.   Ernie was more of a carefree spirit and spontaneous.  I would find myself saying “I’m with you Bert”.   I never said that to Ernie.  Even Ernie’s body language was carefree & Bert’s was stiff & stressed.  

Later in life, I thought of how people are generally either a Bert or an Ernie.  Most of us relate to one more than the other.  I’m Bert with pretty much no Ernie qualities that I know of.   Think of people you know & if they are a Bert or an Ernie.  It’s fun to categorize television characters too.  Here's a small sampling:   The cast of “Friends”.  Chandler, Monica & Ross were Berts.  Phoebe & Joey were Ernies.  Rachel was a bit of a mix I think.  From “The Odd Couple”:  Felix - Bert; Oscar - Ernie.  Characters from Seinfeld.  George Costanza - Bert.  Kramer - Ernie.  Jerry & Elaine- possibly a blend.  (Old shows, I know)  Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory would be a Bert.   Have some fun pegging people as one or the other, then ask yourself......are you a Bert or an Ernie?

TRIVIA ANSWER:
Robert Louis Stevenson

BONUS TRIVIA ANSWER:
Bert the cop & Ernie the cab driver from “It’s a Wonderful Life”

Until next time......

No comments: