Thursday, April 11, 2013

FORMAL FRIDAY



Here’s some fun for the day.....

TRIVIA: (Answer below)
Who was director of the FBI from 1924 to 1972?

JOKE:
Q:  What time of day was Adam born?
A:  A little before Eve


TRICIA’S TWEET OF THE DAY:
Sometimes waiting is the best thing because it helps to develop the character of God in us.

QUOTES:
“I could tell my parents hated me.  My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.”
(Rodney Dangerfield)

RANDOM OBSERVATION:
I suggested in previous posts ideas for a new kind of Casual Friday.  It would involve talking casual & having casual body language.  Details for those can be found in previous posts.  As I was thinking of more new Casual Friday options, I got the idea for something else.  After a few Casual Fridays, I think we should get fancy smancy and have Formal Friday.   Imagine surprising your coworkers, classmates, friends & family with Formal Friday.   I thought about what my trip to the grocery might look like on a Formal Friday.  (I practically live at Kroger, what can I say)  

First, I’d be wearing a long gown as if I was going to the Oscars.   I’d of course get my hair & makeup done.  Jeeves, the chauffeur would arrive promptly at 10:30am.  I may be only going to Kroger to pick up cottage cheese, Metamucil & deli meats, but I must be chauffeured.  (Formal Friday is getting expensive already) Jeeves, would drop me off at the front door of Kroger.  How nice to not have to walk a few extra feet from the parking lot.  I’m allergic to exercise, so this part seems pretty good.  The deli worker notices that I’m looking & acting quite differently from last week’s Casual Friday.  On Casual Friday I slumped on the counter and said “Yo.  Wassup.  Buff Chick, thick, pound.”  (deciphered - “Hello, I would like Buffalo Chicken breast slicked thick. One pound please”)  So I assume Formal Friday would go like this:  

I would say ‘Good morning madame.  I’m delighted to look upon your selection of delectable lunch meats.  I would be incredibly appreciative if you could slice one pound of the Boar’s Head Buffalo Style Chicken so that I may create sandwiches in my homestead.  I’m extremely grateful to you.  Might I say that the counter’s cleanliness is exquisite today.”  She’ll be quiet impressed, I’m sure.   On Formal Friday I will be accompanied by a String Quartet that follows me wherever I go.   Nothing says Formal Friday quite like grabbing cottage cheese to the sounds of Boccherini’s ‘Minuet’. Kind of makes me want to put on the Marie Antoinette powder wig & dance near the eggs.  We’ll save that for 17th Century Friday.  ( or French Friday)  I think I’ll ask the quartet to play Tchaikovsky’s ‘1812 Overture’ for my jaunt towards the Metamucil.   Toodles dahlings.

TRIVIA ANSWER
J. Edgar Hoover

Until next time......... 

No comments: