Wednesday, April 3, 2013

SOCIAL MEDIA 



Here's some fun for the day......

TRIVIA:  (Answer below)
Which state was the first to ratify the 13th amendment abolishing slavery?

JOKE:
RAY:  “I’m not going back to work until my boss takes back what he said to me.”
SUE:  “What did he say?”
RAY:  “He said, ‘You’re fired.’ ”

TRICIA’S TWEET OF THE DAY:
Don’t measure your energy level against the challenges ahead of you.   The issue is not your strength, but God’s, which is limitless.

QUOTE:
"They've finally come up with the perfect office computer.   If it makes a mistake, it blames another computer."
(Milton Berle)

RANDOM OBSERVATION:
I was pondering the changes in social media recently.  Having a 23-year old daughter and nieces and nephews in their teens & twenty’s, helps to keep me a bit in the loop of the younger generation.  I get a kick out of social media & how when the young folks starts using one, us older folks show up & take it over.   Once they see us hanging out in the same social media world as them it sends them scampering like bugs running from insect fogger.  On to the next social media phenom they go.  For example, they were on MySpace, the older generation showed up....they left that & moved to Facebook.   We showed up there....they moved to Twitter.   We’re showing up there, they’re moving to Instagram.   We're merging into Instagram, so I figure we'll soon send them, or fog them, away from that.   So this past weekend, I decided I should find the latest social media that we were chasing them to & try beat my daughter to it.  She’d be all impressed with how ‘in the know’ I was.   So....I got on “Vine”. (thanks to help from one of the nephews)  It's a video app where the video last for 6 seconds & loops over & over ( more on that in a future blog)  So, my nephew helped me get the hang of "Vine" & I was so impressed with myself.   I thought I'd pulled it off & beat her to it when I posted a video.   Turns out.....she’d been on it for a month.   Oh well, maybe next time.   

TRIVIA ANSWER:
Illinois

Until next time.......

No comments: